Let's get caught up on our tag/meme things.
1. Small town or big city? City, is preferable.
2. Do you have a favorite childhood memory, and if so, would you share it? I have alot of quality childhood memories. Road trips, which we called, 'Boy's vacations,' cause my Dad would load my brothers and I into the car for a week long road trip. Usually we would visit our relatives in Kentucky, take in Mammoth Cave and hit a Civil War battlefield as we got older. It was really Mom's vacation from us. I also always loved Christmas at my house, a tradition that still has momentum, we had twenty-five people sit down for dinner this year.
3. How do you calm down when something has really upset and/or angered you? Do you swallow it? Call a friend and rant? Go in the bathroom and cry? Punch a wall? Walk around muttering to yourself, complete with scary hand gestures? I just take it out on the kids. They could toughin' up a bit anyway.
4. What attracts you to memes? They are a good excuse for a post, and I'm naturally (nosey) curious.
5. How reliant are you on computers to get through your day? Very. More for contact and entertainment. I don't work in an office.
6. In a crisis, are you calm or do you panic? Calm, but inactive. My 'happy place' is never far away.
FIVE YOU"D RATHER NOT KNOW ABOUT ME.
1. A few years ago, my nose hairs become an issue I had to address. I pluck them regularly, but they have adapted by turning white, making them far more noticeable. I have to pluck them more often.
2. I was named Employee of the Quarter at Shaw's Crabhouse on Hubbard, in Chicago for the fourth quarter of 2000. It is the highest honor I have ever received from an employer.
3. I shave with aloe vera gel and cold water. No shaving lotion or foam. I got into this habit down in Key West. It's treats my skin very well, plus I can use the aloe gel to style my hair.
4. I won my fantasy football league championship this year. Suck it, guys.
5. Family legend says, when I was a kid I would only eat carrots. So many, that I got alittle beta-carotene poisoning and turned orange for awhile. By the way, my eyes suck, so that song and dance about carrots being good for your eyes? Bunk!