Monday, June 25, 2007

You Know You Love Pics Of My Kids.

We purchased a Slip'n Slide this weekend and are happily destroying portions of our lawn.

Ava giving me the 'Stink-Eye.'



Philip, Patrick, Conner and Ava.

I thought this was a pretty good portrait of Conner. He's a good kid.

Another in the long list of amazing things you think, feel and witness raising a child is their boundless potential. There is the standard talk of your kid becoming President, or perhaps making a difference in the world. Curing cancer and what not. I'm often struck by a child's, and Philip's in particular, physical potential.

Philip has always been big. Our last doctors visit measured him at the size of your average six-year-old. He's big and strong, possessing a never ending supply of energy. Now, I know common sense tells me he has no chance of being a professional athlete, but, look at him, that four-year-old is shredded.

The potential that is held inside them draws a sharp contrast to my declining physical prowess. I'm not suggesting I'm jealous of my son, but rather excited and a little nostalgic. Excited to watch him grow up and discover what he is capable of doing. Nostalgic for the good times that trip will offer. His potential will lead him somewhere, and neither he, nor I know where.

6 comments:

dirty said...

It looks like you are having a fun summer. Our back yard has so many roots from the big tree that have surfaced over the years, that after an hour of Slip and Slide fun...all 3 of my kids looked like they had been beat to death with blunt objects. They had fun though so that's all that matters I guess.

Foofa said...

I always wanted a slip and slide but never got one. I'm jealous of your children.

Valerie said...

I love the pics of your kids.

Garrett is a giant for his age too and Chad and I always fantasize where his size will take him. Chad's not a tall guy (5'8"), so he likes the idea of having a son that is very tall.

Unknown said...

That picture of Connor is really good.

Unknown said...

Philip has a swimmers body.
Just like Jesus.

Anonymous said...

YES!!! I LOVE THE STINK EYE PIC!!!! That little Ava ROCKS!!!! As long as she keeps that attitude- she'll have no problems in life, she'll get places!! You just wait and see!!! :D